Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Standard Levels Dialog?
01-15-2021, 02:32 PM
Standard Levels Dialog?
Hey Rob, if you are still accepting minor features request, I was wondering about the possibility of beefing up the "Levels" dialog a bit so it has the functionality of old versions of PhotoShop? I'm sure most of this stuff is available in various parts of Kayak mode, but I've always had a fondness for the classic Levels dialog...

The 5 controls I'm thinking of are: Black Level, White Level, Gamma, Output Black Level, and Output White Level (screenshot from Affinity Photo):

[Image: levels.png]

Thanks,
Marc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2021, 05:51 PM
RE: Standard Levels Dialog?
(01-15-2021 02:32 PM)marcmartin Wrote:  Hey Rob, if you are still accepting minor features request, I was wondering about the possibility of beefing up the "Levels" dialog a bit so it has the functionality of old versions of PhotoShop? I'm sure most of this stuff is available in various parts of Kayak mode, but I've always had a fondness for the classic Levels dialog...

The 5 controls I'm thinking of are: Black Level, White Level, Gamma, Output Black Level, and Output White Level (screenshot from Affinity Photo):

[Image: levels.png]

Thanks,
Marc

I think I kinda of have that here and there, but maybe not so unified. Plus, as I recall, the levels dialog has one pixel for each 256 level (even though it expands it out to 65536 internally), so it does feel a little claustrophobic in the Image->Adjust levels.

-- Basically, the levels (in the Image menu) is one of the first thing I did with version 1 of Sagelight, so it is dated.

Ok I just looked at it, and realized why I was thinking the functionality you described was there on one place, at least in a sense. It kind of is there in terms of the Power Box controls (which have been redesigned for a new version), in conjunction with the histogram.

It all exists, just in pieces, and I do like the idea of loooonger sliders for more control.

As far as new features -- sure! I am happy to add that, and since its kind of easy, it's one that I could look at sooner than later in terms of integrating the new platform.

Thanks for the idea, and it is something I will come back to when I start getting to it.

Rob
02-24-2021, 08:13 PM
RE: Standard Levels Dialog?
Hi Rob and Mac,

I would love if this proposed Levels adjustment box would be available with a mask brush.

I can see in Sagelight the ability to use Tone Curve with a mask but not levels.

Levels like photoshop levels and its functions would be awesome. Sagelight has low and high slider in Levels and it would be great if a mid tone slider was also there as well. If you have photoshop have a look at levels.

You need that midtone slider to really bring out proper levels.