Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sagelight is Back
11-17-2019, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2019 05:27 AM by sagelight.)
Sagelight is Back
After a long hiatus, Sagelight is back!

In other threads, I explain why the site was down, where Sagelight is right now, and plans for its future.

The short story is that I was dealing with an illness in the family and predatory family members taking advantage of it,

Sagelight version 4 is now free. It doesn't make sense sell it until I release the next version, and it gives me a chance to try out the idea of supporting a free version through donations.

I am 70% complete with Version 5, which has many new things to it, including a revamped UI that I am very excited out.

Anyway, I am glad to be back, and check out the other messages I posted for the longer explanation of everything.

Rob

Rob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2019, 10:08 AM
RE: Sagelight is Back
Good to see you back. I dearly missed Sagelight. I built a new computer with a new OS and was unable to re-install. I will have some general comments in another part of the Forum.
11-19-2019, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2019 08:48 PM by Jet.)
This news makes my day!
I do wonder however, what will happen to the lifelong license I bought Rob?
11-19-2019, 05:41 PM
Rob,

Good to have you back. Looking forward to v5.0 !
11-20-2019, 12:51 AM
Yipee! That is a wonderful news!
In my opinion as a (former) TV manager, I think Sagelight is one of the best tool available on the planet! Sure, it lacks tiny little details found in others like Photoshop, but for easy everyday use, that's the best!

I'm also wondering about my "lifetime" license which I bought with version 4. Will it apply to version 5?
11-20-2019, 03:13 AM
Hi, Everyone.

I tried to reply to message individually, but I keep getting a PHP error. I signed up with HostGator, and almost all of their installs either don't install or have problems like this.

I will try to fix it or move to phpbb in the next couple days so I can answer messages directly.

Thanks for the comments! It's good to be back, and there is definitely a lot of work to do in order to get things going again.

answers to messages above:

Jet, Jackie: Licenses and Version 5 -- Any version released will respect the lifetime license. So version 5 will be free to those who have purchased Sagelight in the past.

wdwilson: Oh, sorry about that -- I have to apologize for the licensing issue. I didn't realize that was happening until recently. I just wasn't thinking, I guess.
12-02-2019, 01:38 PM
Rob,
I am writing to report an apparent bug in the free version (v.4) which you recently made available. I'm running Win 8.1 with all updates. When I open a JPG image file in the Quick Edit Mode, the program crashes immediately. When I open a RAW image it opens fine in the Kayak Editor and the program does not crash. When I close the RAW file I am still in Kayak mode. If I try to reopen the same JPG in Kayak mode, the program does not crash. The program opens by default in the Quick Edit Mode so the only way for me to open a JPG without a crash is to first load a RAW image, close it and then open the JPG in Kayak mode. I never had this issue on this same machine with the old, paid version. If I may offer any additional info, please let me know.
Thanks,
D.C.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-03-2019, 07:03 AM
Dear Rob,
glad to see Sagelight is back. I had already lost all hope. After all ist is like before; Rob disappears and suddenly returns unexpectedly with something new.
My registered version is still working but as I saw no future after some years went to DXO and Zoner (free at first , paid now).
I changed from Canon RAW to Pentax Raw, including Full Frame for Pentax K-1 camera (using Pentax's DNG). Seems this works well.

Wish you success with V5

Regards Obins
12-03-2019, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2019 10:57 AM by sagelight.)
Thanks. Well, it has been a while, that's for sure. I have been developing in that time and have a backlog of development. Sagelight 4 has a lot of development in it, too, which is why I am now putting out videos of some of its separate features that are useful for one-off applications (i.e. they could be used as filters, etc.). The reasons I went silent before was for development, and I think I did far too much development vs. being public (which was slowing development), which is why there is so much in a little space. Then I would come back one it was done (since development of new things is no easy task). In this last case, it was a long-term family issue. Now my job is to try to bring that out in the best way possible with a new version that also features more development. But, it's dependent on how the free idea with version 4 goes.

Rob
12-05-2019, 08:35 AM
residentorca: about the RAW file. Can you send me one at my e-mail address? I am pretty sure I know what it is and that I can fix it right away. I will address it later tonight and, assuming its an easy fix (which I am sure it is), I will upload a new version before tomorrow.

Rob