Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Version 4 is now free - an updated release
12-30-2019, 08:01 PM
RE: Version 4 is now free - an updated release
(12-23-2019 08:14 PM)bj73au Wrote:  Hi Rob, someone pointed out to me that the suggested donation for v5 is a little inconsistent on a couple of your pages.

http://www.sagelighteditor.com/donate.html
Quote:Get Version 5 free. If there are enough donations, I can give version 5 away for free. If you donate $10 or more, keep your information and you get Version 5 for free, even if it goes back to a regular purchase (for lesser amounts, also keep your information for a discount if I can't make version 5 free)

https://sagelighteditor.com/purchase3.html
Quote:Get Version 5 free. If there are enough donations, I can give version 5 away for free. If you donate $5 or more, keep your information and you get Version 5 for free, even if it goes back to a regular purchase.

Good to have you back, great program, I don't even use 5% of what it can do.

Ha... Yes... I will change that. I guess I'll have to decide which one I like better. I haven't released it too publicly yet, but will be throwing it out on the freeware boards soon.

The main thing is that I want to get Version 5 going as soon as I can. I'm thinking of putting out what I have now as a version 4.5, but not for free, so the idea is that anyone who donates more than $10, I'd give it away for free as a way of thanking them, since donations are going to be the main support for development of the next version. The idea there is to get Version 4 out to more people that wouldn't have been exposed to it, so hopefully some of the features it has will become more well known.

With the 5% that you use of Sagelight... That's why I'm doing more videos of various features, to show what it can do -- even if you use another primary editor, there are many Sagelight features that you can use for specific things, like the HDR, and other things I am showing in the latest videos.

Much of Sagelight is meant to have very specific purposes, so some of it would only be used by just a few people -- for example, who really needs an RGB channel mixer? Hardly anyone! But, when that function is useful, it is very useful! Same with the Unsharp Mask, Median Filter, Bokeh, High pass filter, etc. etc.

The other part of it for me, too, is that the UI in Sagelight 4 obscures a lot of what Sagelight can do in a powerful but more general manner. I've become very fond of the new UI, which really opens up so much in Sagelight with its new design, as well as making sense of the other functions that act as external filters (Bokeh, HDR, Unsharp Mask, etc.). I'm really wanting to get that out as soon as I can, since its the basis for a lot of things I intend to add, and I can start to add them one at a time once I get that part done.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Version 4 is now free - an updated release - sagelight - 12-30-2019 08:01 PM